Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lakeway Texas 4th of July Parade 2011

LAKEWAY PARADE
8:30 am Monday July 4th
Lakeway Drive from the Live Oak Course to the Lakeway Church

I will forever be grateful to our then neighbors-George and Jojo who took us to the Lakeway Parade the first year we moved here.  I had never seen a parade such as this and was overwhelmed with patriotic feelings.  Since we had recently moved from Oregon I remember crying when I saw the parade of golf carts with state flags attached.  The sight of all of the senior citizens with their extended  family-mostly grandkids- on the carts with them was the last straw and the tears came down.

If you have never been to a small town parade, then you have to see this parade.  Often I heard people say there are more people in the parade than watching it.  I think those numbers have changed as the city has grown.

My husband and I had a friendly competition each year to see who's float would win the parade that year.  We were always on different floats and his seemed to always beat mine.....Now we take the dogs and folding chairs and watch the parade from the sidelines. 

For more info about the city of Lakeway visit my website. If you would like to be in the parade you can pick up an entry from Lakeway City hall or contact Paula Crawley- she is the chair this year.  512-261-1938 or
paulacrawley83@gmail.

No comments: